Brutus Monroe Hop - January 2020 Subscription Items

Hello crafty friends! Now that the dust has settled after the Christmas whirlwind, are you back to regular life again? The holidays always leave me feeling like I've forgotten how to function on a regular schedule! Today for the Brutus Monroe Inspiration Team blog hop we're showing some of the January subscription products. I chose to make this card using the die of the month!


Thanks to a random conversation I had with my sweet friend Ann Corbiere-Scott, who is a talented stamp designer, I got looking at "Fault-line" cakes on instagram. I got lost down a spiral of pretty cake decorating videos, and now I've got them on the brain! They're gorgeous, and meant to look like two sides cracked in half with something cool inside (on the cakes, typically a pretty sprinkle mix!). So I decided to make a fault-line style card! I used the die of the month with some teal cardstock, and adhered it to a piece of Alabaster cardstock. I took another piece of Alabaster cardstock that was the same size, and carefully tore it down the middle. When you tear a piece of paper, you'll see that one side has a sort of rough edge, where the paper has torn away from itself. I keep the rough side facing up on one half, and then flipped the other torn half over, so that the rough side was also facing up.


I used a DecoFoil pen to spread a generous amount of glue across the rough torn edge, making sure to follow the torn lines. I set the two sides aside to dry, and heat embossed the sentiment with Gilded EP. I trimmed it down and clipped the ends in a diagonal line.

Once the DecoFoil glue was dry, I pressed Gold Static DecoFoil over the top and rubbed across the glue area very firmly with my finger, and then peeled up the foil. If there are areas that didn't quite stick, go over them again with the foil and your finger. If you missed areas with glue, or you want to widen a line, you can still go back in with the DecoFoil pen and add more glue, let it dry, and foil again.
I trimmed the height of each foiled piece, so that when I lined them up with the top and bottom edges of the die cut panel, it left a nice gap in the middle. Using foam tape, I popped the foiled pieces up on the top and bottom of the die cut panel. I used more foam tap to adhere the sentiment strip to the top as well, and backed the whole card from on a Not Your Mama's Cardstock card base. I finished it off with a few gold sequins.

Next, hop over to Jessica's blog to see her gorgeous card!

Lauren (you are here)
SUPPLIES (affiliate links are used):

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Brutus Monroe Blog Hop - May - Anything Goes

Brutus Monroe Hop - Foiling

Summer Camp Blog Hop - Scrapping For Less Guest Design Spot