Brutus Monroe & Unity Stamps Blog Hop




Hello crafty friends! Lauren here, and I am so excited to be a part of this hop! Starting my blogging journey with a collaboration from two AMAZING companies, Brutus Monroe and Unity Stamp Co., is a dream come true.

This collaboration includes four gorgeous backgrounds that you NEED in your collection! Background stamps are incredibly versatile; there are so many cool projects that you'll see as you follow this hop. Be sure to check out the Instagram hop as well, because they are doing a giveaway for a few lucky commenters! Click here for my Instagram...




The card was made with the Barn Wall background stamp. I started by stamping it in Brutus Monroe's Raven ink, and then using a laser printer to photocopy the image onto the Brutus Monroe aqua pigment paper. Luckily it is lightweight enough to not jam up the laser printer! I used DecoFoil in the color "Gold" and ran the project through my laminator, leaving this lovely gold foiled background. Next I used purple tape around the edges to adhere the project to some hardboard, so there would be minimal warping or curling when I started to apply anything wet. 
I used the Brutus Monroe Aqua Pigments in the colors "Red" and "Yellow", mixing the two together for an orange shade in the middle. I picked up the color straight from the palette with a brush and did a quick wash back and forth across the paper. I let the first layer dry and then did a second layer to deepen the color. 

Then I die cut the sentiment with the Brutus Monroe "Hello" die 5 times from the Raven cardstock. I glued the layers together to make it stand out more against the background. The teardrop shapes that are on the top and the bottom are actually the cutouts from the loops in the "h" and "l" letter in the sentiment! I popped the larger center ones up with foam tape and glued the smaller side ones down flat. I can't wait to send this card to someone in the mail! 

The next stop on this amazing hop is Marie's fabulous blog. Click her link in the list below and enjoy! 




Comments

  1. This is so pretty with the gold foil and watercolor! Who knew that barn door wood planks could be so darn pretty? Love it! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are AMAZING! This card is so stunning. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your technique. I love this background.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Kim! The backgrounds are awesome, I can't wait to play around with them some more ♥️

      Delete
  4. Great card! adding the gold too it is so amazing of a finish to the card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cindy! I was surprised how well the foil resisted the watercolor. Pretty sure I'll be going on a foiling kick this weekend šŸ˜‚

      Delete
  5. I love how you fooled part of this background. Definitely on my list to try when mine comes. Wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks so much Debbie! Background stamps are so much fun to work with šŸ˜

      Delete
  7. wow....gold sure changes things....love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Wilma! Every time I foil something I think, why don't I use this technique more often?? Lol

      Delete
  8. Simply beautiful! I'm loving this background stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful foil background. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have seen the barn wall in so many colors it is beautiful I am having a hard time deciding on one stamp but this one keeps jumping out thank you so much for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card. Love the background.
    Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cool!!! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all the dimension techniques you used...lovely card! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that you used BLACK with the HELLO.. it really pops from the page!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card! Amazing background and the black is so stunning against it. Love that the tails of the sentiment extend beyond the card base - it's kicky.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this card! The colors are gorgeous! Love the gold too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Who knew Barn Walls could be glamed up with gold foil!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The gold foil and colors of your background are amazing. Loved the card

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your technique! The gold foil gives it that little extra. Also, using the black loops is genius!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the new collaboration, the stamps are awesome, and your project is just stunning! I love the colors and the gold. Just amazing! Thanks for all the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous with the pop of gold. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Another one of my faves!! The gold embossing with the color combination is perfect. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fabulous card. Love the background.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow really love how well the gold foil works with this background! Awesome use of color! Great card idea!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Brutus Monroe Trick or Treat!

Japanese Water Lanterns - HAI Supply & Pear Blossom Press Collaboration Hop!