Brutus Monroe Hop - Traditional Holiday

Hello crafty friends! Merry Christmas to those of you who celebrate! We do in my house, so for the Christmas hop, I made some Christmas hair bows for my daughters using the gnome stamps!



I stamped these cute little gnomes onto shrink film with Raven detail ink, and colored it with alcohol markers and a white Pitt artist pen. For the white beards I used the Pitt pen on the back of the shrink film, so that it didn't cover or smear the little line details in the beards. If you color on the back with the alcohol markers, however, the color shows up very very faintly through the other side, so those I colored on the front. I let the Raven ink dry for a while before coloring, and I did try to avoid the lines, as the alcohol markers will smear the ink! The cool thing about the shrink film is that the lines and the coloring don't need to be perfect, as everything darkens up when it is shrunk down!


I fussy cut the gnomes, and again, it's not necessary to be completely perfect, as the lines all shrink down when it's heated! Then I used my heat tool to shrink them up! I had some red and gold ribbon, so I made two bows and then hot glued the gnomes to the middle. That was it! It's a great way to add some flair to hair accessories! 


Have you made any fun Christmas accessories or projects with shrink film? Keep hopping with the Brutus team today to see some other beautiful holiday projects! 

Lauren (you are here)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brutus Monroe & Unity Stamps Blog Hop

Brutus Monroe Trick or Treat!

Japanese Water Lanterns - HAI Supply & Pear Blossom Press Collaboration Hop!