Brutus Monroe Hop - Nontraditional Holiday

Hello crafty friends! I'm excited to bring you this card today for the Brutus Monroe Inspiration Team "Nontraditional Holiday" blog hop! My sister-in-law loves anything with sugar skulls, and I always try to incorporate that into her birthday and holiday cards. This time I went BIG with this sugar skull that has a Christmassy crown and a dark snowy background!



I started with a panel of Raven cardstock, and I flicked white acrylic paint all over the background for the snowy effect. Then I took one of the chipboard skulls and squished embossing ink all over the surface, and heat embossed three layers of Alabaster Sparkle EP. I adhered it to the background with foam tape. I stamped the rose image several times with Raven detail ink and colored them with alcohol markers. I fussy cut them out and used a black marker to go around the cut edge. I popped them up with different dimensions of foam tape and glue near the top of the skull. I used the DecoFoil pen to loosely cover the chipboard deer and tree, and then used Gold Static DecoFoil over the top. I left it rough and sketchy with the coverage, almost giving it a vintage-y feel. I brushed a little bit of Emerald Glitter glaze on the edges of the holly leaves, and tucked them in around the roses with glue. I glued the tree and the deer as well, and then filled the rest of the spaces with little bells and red holly berries.

I then heat embossed the alphabet outlines for the word PAZ ("peace") with Gilded EP onto Raven cardstock, and painted them with Gilded Aqua Pigment before glueing them to the card front to finish it off. I matted the whole thing on a piece of Gilded Glitterstock! I really enjoyed the challenge of making a non-traditional holiday card, and I hope my sister-in-law doesn't see it before Christmas! She's not on most of the social media, so maybe I'll be able to sneak it by her ;)

Next, hop over to Cassie's blog to see her beautiful card!

Lauren (you are here)



SUPPLIES:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brutus Monroe & Unity Stamps Blog Hop

Brutus Monroe Trick or Treat!

Japanese Water Lanterns - HAI Supply & Pear Blossom Press Collaboration Hop!