Brutus Monroe New Release!

Hello crafty friends! It was an exciting weekend for Brutus Monroe, as they released 21 new stamp sets! Yes, you read that right, 21 NEW SETS! To celebrate the release, there was a 24-hour live craftathon on the Brutus Monroe facebook page! It was so much fun to see all of the team members sharing different ways to use some of these fabulous new sets. It was a new experience for me as well, as I have never really done live streaming videos before. A huge shoutout to everyone who watched - thank you so much for your love and support! We had a great group of viewers who were supportive, encouraging and super fun to interact with.

For this post, I'm sharing the project from my live stream with the new "So Emotional" stamp set. These cute little emoji shapes would make a great card, but I decided to go a different route! I made planner accessories and homemade stickers. Here is a link to my video on the Brutus Monroe facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/brumonroe/videos/2387930484825329/



I started my live video by making stickers. It's super easy, and a great project to do with kids! I stamped the emoji outlines first with Raven detail ink onto the edge of a piece of Alabaster cardstock. I stamped some of the color on the inside with the solid filler stamp and surface ink, and I colored the others with copic markers. Then I used my secret weapon...Packing tape! I sealed the front and back of the stamped cardstock with strips of packing tape, and then used a 3/4 inch punch to punch out the emoji faces. We were talking about the punch in the live video, so I measured and it is likely that a 5/8 inch punch would work as well. I also stamped the "LOL" on rainbow paper and sealed it as well before punching it out. Once the pieces have been punched out, I used a Zig Two-Way glue pen all over the back of the circles, and left them facing glue-side up to dry. The type of glue is extremely important - it has to be a glue like this one that is repositionable when dry. I linked to the exact glue pen below, but there might be others that work the same way as well. 

While those were drying, I moved on to the paper clips. Using a few random paper clips of varying sizes, I measured strips of paper from the Bold Rainbow paper pack. The strips for the larger paper clips were 1.5 inches wide, and the smaller paper clips held 1 inch wide strips. The strips can be as long as you want them to be! In my examples, the wider strips were 3 inches long (so the banner shape ends up being 1.5 inches long, as it gets folded in half). When the strip is folded in half, clip the ends into a banner shape. I used coordinating strips of paper from the Polka Stripes paper pack and cut slightly longer strips to glue into the folded one, tilted slightly to the side. Then I slid the banner into the closed side of the paper clip, and folded it over the edge, glueing it together. I used glued some of the punched out emojis to the front to finish them off. For the two larger ones, I also wrapped some black twine around the tops. I also stamped the "LOL" and "THX" in Raven ink, and hand-drew the lines around them before fussy cutting it them out, and adhering them to the larger paper clip banners. 

Last but not least, I heat embossed the "BRB" onto pieces of striped cardstock and die cut them with a very small square die. I cut a second piece of striped cardstock for the back, and sandwiched them together with a piece of foam tape. I used hot glue to adhere the end of the paper clip in between the two cardstock squares.

Once the glue is dry on the sealed circles, you can store them on a clear sheet of acetate or plastic packaging, and you'll be able to peel them off when you want to use one! Here are some of the items on a planner page. 


If you have questions, check out the live video replay so you can see the process, and feel free to leave me a question in the comments! 
Have you ordered any of the products from the new release?? Hop with us to see some examples of the cool new products! The next blog in the hop is Marie! Head over to see what she has for you this week.

LAUREN (you are here)
SUPPLY LIST:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brutus Monroe & Unity Stamps Blog Hop

Brutus Monroe Trick or Treat!

Japanese Water Lanterns - HAI Supply & Pear Blossom Press Collaboration Hop!