Shadow Box Card with Cactus Doodle Stamps

Hello crafty friends! I had a lot going on yesterday, but I managed to sneak in one card for World Cardmaking Day. I have the honor of being a design team member for Ann Corbiere-Scott Designs. Ann hand-draws stamp designs for our local scrapbook store, Scraps of Love in Peoria, AZ. They also recently opened a second location in Sun City West, AZ. Ann is not only a talented artist but teaches fabulous classes for things like hand lettering and bible journaling. She has shown me incredible kindness and encouragement, and I will be forever grateful to her for changing my life!



Many of Ann's stamp sets are southwestern, and include the most fabulous cactus designs. This set was the first of her designs that I fell in love with! The set is called "Cactus Doodle", and it is available at Scraps of Love in their store or on their website at www.scrapsoflove.com.



I used the Lawn Fawn "Shadow Box" die to make the box and the sandy hills, which I also purchased at Scraps of Love. I die cut a rectangle from white cardstock and blended Squeezed Lemonade and Picked Raspberry distress oxide inks onto the small panel, then taped it to the back of the shadow box. I stamped the cacti in memento tuxedo black ink, and colored them with Copic markers. I filled in the little hearts with a sharpie extra-fine tip paint marker and fussy cut them with small scissors. I adhered the prickly pear cacti inside the box at various points and then decided to stick the saguaro on the outside rather than cut it down at all.



Last but not least, I heat embossed the sentiment from the "Messages from Arizona" stamp set onto black cardstock and clipped the end into a banner shape.

Be sure to check out my Instagram page (www.instagram.com/sonoranstarfishdesigns) for a lot of examples of Ann's stamp sets! Have a wonderful day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brutus Monroe & Unity Stamps Blog Hop

Brutus Monroe Trick or Treat!

Japanese Water Lanterns - HAI Supply & Pear Blossom Press Collaboration Hop!