Oklahoma "Okie Pride" Stamp Set

Hello Crafty Friends! Thanks for stopping by today. I have two projects using the "Okie Pride" stamp set, designed by Ann Corbiere-Scott for Paper Arts in Edmond, Oklahoma.



For the first card, I stamped the images in Memento Tuxedo Black ink. This technique can be simplified if you have a wreath builder template from Gina K, but I thought I'd show you an easy technique to fill your backgrounds up if you don't have one. You do, however, need a stamp positioning platform of some kind. Take a square piece of cardstock and use a ruler to draw diagonal lines all the way through.



Keeping the lines face-up for now, arrange the small stamps in one of the sections, taking care not to go over the line, but make sure that you fill the space up to the lines. Once you are satisfied, close the door to your stamp platform and pick up the stamps. Open the door again, and flip your cardstock over so that the pencil lines are not showing. Ink up the images and stamp them.




Once you are happy with your inked images, rotate the cardstock 90 degrees and stamp the images again. You can see how they line up to fill the next invisible section.



Continue rotating the cardstock square until the whole square is covered with images.



Once the images were stamped, I colored them with Copic markers. I heat embossed the sentiment onto a piece of vellum, but it didn't show up as much as I wanted against the card, so I cut a strip of gray cardstock for the back of the vellum piece. I matted the whole panel on a piece of Lawn Fawn gray plaid cardstock.



On my second project, I stamped the windmill and the wheat stalks in Memento Tuxedo Black ink in the middle of the page. I used masking paper with a circle cut out and blended Distress Oxide Inks in the colors "Tea Dye" and "Broken China" to make the ground and the sky. I colored the images using Copic markers, and wrapped some brown twine around the bottom of the panel. I used some brown polka dot paper from Echo Park under the panel, and heat embossed the sentiment onto black cardstock, popping it up with foam tape.



This stamp set is so cute! Post your Oklahoma creations and be sure to use the hashtag @AnnCorbiereScottDesigns so we can see your projects!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brutus Monroe & Unity Stamps Blog Hop

Brutus Monroe Trick or Treat!

Japanese Water Lanterns - HAI Supply & Pear Blossom Press Collaboration Hop!