Floral Background Stamp

Hi friends! All the cards in this post use This Floral Background stamp , made by the Stamp Market. I bought it from Auntie Dayna's Cards and Things. Dayna operates out of Hawaii, and offers classes and products to her customers that are harder to get in the islands. You can find her group on Facebook.
Background stamps are so much fun! I couldn't wait to use this one!



For my first project, I heat embossed the background with white embossing powder on watercolor paper. I wet the paper thoroughly and then dropped color bursts onto the background. I used a spray bottle to break up some of the larger chunks, and the embossing acts as a resist. I heat embossed the sentiment from the Altenew set "Heartfelt Sentiments" (also purchased from Auntie Dayna) onto black cardstock and cut each individual word out. I positioned them on the background and popped them up with foam tape. To finish it off, I used a black Copic multiliner pen to add some random lines around the floral shapes for a little more interest and definition.



The second project was created used distress oxide inks in the colors Citron, Cracked Pistachio and Peacock Feathers. I positioned the background stamp in my MISTI and used the three colors directly onto the stamp. Where two colors meet, I used a paintbrush to gently stipple the harsh line, and then I also used a very light mist of water from a spray bottle, so that the colors would blend together a little more. I didn't want the image to run, so I used the spray sparingly, and from far above the MISTI, and then left the door of the MISTI closed for a minute so that the ink would soak into the paper right in place. When it was dry, I stamped the "Thank You" (also from the Heartfelt Sentiments set) in black ink. I had a random pack of jewels that matched the colors perfectly, so I positioned those around the project near their coordinating colors.



For the third project, I used white embossing powder on Neenah Desert Storm cardstock. It's a beautiful light kraft color. I stamped the sentiment, also from the Heartfelt Sentiments stamp set, in VersaMark ink and then heat embossed over it with clear embossing powder for a tone-on-tone look. I die cut the sentiment and then a slightly larger rectangle in white, and layered them up with foam tape. I used a sharpie extra-fine tip paint pen to make the random dots around the edges of the leaves and petals.




The final project is an eclipse card, used white heat embossing and Distress Oxide Inks in the colors Picked Raspberry, Carved Pumpkin and Squeezed Lemonade. If you've never heard of an eclipse card, it's when you die cut and raise a portion of an an image or background. First the floral stamp was heat embossed onto Neenah Solar White cardstock, and then the Distress Oxides were blended over the top. I stamped the "Sending You" (from the Heartfelt Sentiments set) onto black cardstock and heat embossed it with white embossing powder. Then I took letters from a Lawn Fawn alphabet set and taped together the letters LOVE. I die cut the letters from the bottom of the panel, carefully saving all the pieces, including the center of the O. I then die cut the letters five times from black cardstock and layered them together. I adhered the embossed and inked panel onto a black cardstock mat, and squeezed glue into the die cut spaces. I stuck the stacked letters into the corresponding spaces, and finished it off with the inked letters on the top of the stack. I glued the middle of the O flat down into the space. Eclipse cards are a great way to add a sentiment while still allowing a background to be the star of the show!

Thanks for stopping by today!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brutus Monroe & Unity Stamps Blog Hop

Brutus Monroe Trick or Treat!

Japanese Water Lanterns - HAI Supply & Pear Blossom Press Collaboration Hop!