Cactus Christmas

Hello crafty friends! In my post yesterday I talked about my talented friend Ann Corbiere-Scott and her awesome stamp designs. Today I'll be sharing cards made with her stamp set called "Cactus Christmas". If you aren't local, you can purchase the stamp set by click this link here. All of the cacti in this post were colored using Copic markers.



This first card is a shaker card! I used some Christmas confetti from HAI designs and the cacti from the stamp set inside.
For this card, I first stamped the santa hats, and then masked them off to stamp the large saguaro cactus. This makes it appear that the hat is actually on the cactus. I colored the images with Copic markers and fussy cut the images. I cut the shaker frame using Lawn Fawn stacked scalloped rectangle dies, and adhered a piece of acetate to the back. Then I used some foam tape around the whole thing. I cut a piece of striped cardstock from the Photoplay paper pack "O Canada Christmas" to fit on the back of the piece. I embossed the sentiment "Merry Cactus" in white onto red paper and trimmed the rectangle down to fit in the front right corner of the card. I decided not to center the sentiment so that more of the cacti were visible in the shaker! I added some Christmas confetti from HAI supply to finish it off.



This project is a little Christmas tag. I started with a piece of Yupo paper and used a variety of green ranger alcohol inks, dropping them generously around the page. I added some rubbing alcohol as well to blend the colors more, and create very wet areas. As the alcohol ink is drying, the wettest areas will take longer to dry, and when they became tacky, I used DecoFoil in Spring Green all over the piece. I die cut the tag shape using the Brutus Monroe stitched tag dies, and also cut another one out of white cardstock. I find that double layering the tags make them very sturdy, and it also leaves the back clean. The die cut Yupo paper has bleeding through to the other side, and frequently ink blending techniques leave the back a little messy. I heat embossed the "I'm Dreaming of a Cactus Christmas" sentiment on a strip of vellum and wrapped it around the back of the tag before adhering on the white tag back. I glued the little santa cactus sticking out of the vellum. I used my crop-a-dile to punch a slightly larger hole in the top and set a green eyelet. I finished the tag off with a piece of red ribbon for contrast.



The last card I'm sharing today uses the same alcohol ink and foil technique, but in shades of red with gold foil. I die cut the window out of the card front and then stamped the sentiment below the window in black ink. I colored the letters with Copic markers, and put the red and gold alcohol ink panel behind the window. I fussy cut the middle of the wreath with scissors, which was tricky but not as difficult as I thought it would be! I put a few pieces of the Christmas confetti inside the tiny shaker window and adhered it on top of the alcohol ink panel.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brutus Monroe & Unity Stamps Blog Hop

Brutus Monroe Trick or Treat!

Japanese Water Lanterns - HAI Supply & Pear Blossom Press Collaboration Hop!