Brutus Monroe Blog Hop - Ornaments

Hello crafty friends! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Today is another Wednesday hop day for the Brutus Monroe Inspiration Team, and our theme is ornaments. I made a shaker ornament with the "Oh Deer" stamp set.


This is one of my favorite holiday stamp sets! The deer and their hilarious facial expressions crack me up! I stamped the images in Raven detail ink, and used masking fluid to give the impression the the one that's floating away was behind the others. I masked them all off and used Cornflower surface ink to blend the sky in the background. Once the masking was off, I used Alabaster EP to heat emboss snowflakes in the sky. Using alcohol markers, I colored the deer, and used a white gel pen for the spots on the deer and some extra snowy dots in the sky.


I used one of the chipboard picture frames and embossed 3 layers of alabaster EP to make the frame white. I adhered clear plastic to the back of the window, and lined it with foam tape. I sprinkled some of the Blue shimmer flakes in the middle of the scene and stuck the window over it. Using scissors, I trimmed down the background to fit the picture frame, and then backed the whole thing with Silver Glitterstock paper. To finish it off, I heat embossed the "Happy Holidays" onto Alabaster yardstick with the Sterling EP, and trimmed it down to a banner shape.

Continue in our hop to see the cool ornaments that our team has made!


SUPPLIES:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brutus Monroe & Unity Stamps Blog Hop

Brutus Monroe Trick or Treat!

Japanese Water Lanterns - HAI Supply & Pear Blossom Press Collaboration Hop!